Friday, March 23, 2007

Something's Gotta Give

An article from today's Yahoo page describes another new detrimental consequence of Cowboy George's misguided attempts to balance the budget. Take $ from Medicaid program = Medicaid can no longer afford to give discounts to college health center on oral contraceptives = many college girls will opt for more affordable but less reliable methods or worse - just do without. This is further proof that his line of thinking is something along the lines of "Ooh, ooh, I know...let's take some more money away from the Medicaid program. Nobody will notice except the poor people." Thanks Mr. President!

I'm living this problem now as my current OC isn't even available from my university's health center. And, when I went to fill my Rx on Monday, the total bill for 3 packs: $162.99!! My doctor had switched my OC brand after I had the baby, and I didn't even realize it until then. Something's definitely gotta give, b/c there's no way I can afford $54/month for birth control!

No comments: