Thursday, February 07, 2008

Hopping Across the Pond

Great news! Remember that Great Conference Across the Pond that I mentioned? Yes, well I just found out this morning that my paper proposal has been accepted!! I'm going to England for the first time, and part of the cost is covered by a departmental travel grant, while I also have some funds to use from a fellowship I received in December...and there's still another funding opportunity available this Spring, which would pretty much make the trip FREE! This is some of the best news I've had in weeks, so I think hubby and I will take the girls to dinner tonight to celebrate. I'm off to practice the British accent....'Ello govnah! (just kidding...I'm no Britney Spears).

2 comments:

M said...

Hurray! That's fantastic!

mgm said...

Woo-hoo! Way to go, AcadeMama!

I'm jealous. I, too, have never been to England.