Thursday, September 28, 2006

I'm tired of being pregnant now...

So, it's time. I mean, I'm really ready to stop being pregnant and dealing with severe back pain, night sweats, mood swings, and trekking 1/2 mile (one-way!) to my office on campus! I'm ready to meet this little person inside me and enjoy some time away from campus now that I've finished prelims.

Speaking of prelims... I had a fantastic meeting with my committee chair last week, which provided me with the much needed resolution I was looking for regarding the "rigor" of my orals, my performance anxiety over the quantity produced in my writtens, and the general feel for my future success with my project. And, to top it all, I happened upon a fantastic primary source for my dissertation project, which is the equivalent of a "golden chalice" for my research!! I can't wait to dive into my dissertation reading.

But, until the baby comes, things are likely to be quite boring....

No comments: