Tuesday, June 03, 2008

Daily Dose of Dumb-Ass

You can file this under The Disadvantages of Living in College Town (or any town that's centered around a 4-year university and its lovely, student drivers).

I'm in the drive-through line at Chick-Fil-A when I get rear-ended for the 3rd time in the four years I've lived in College Town. As I get out of my vehicle, I notice the girl (all signs point to undergraduate status) is talking on her cell phone....Imagine that?! Even as I'm inspecting my vehicle bumper for damage, this twit is still on the fucking phone! Unable to contain myself, I look up and ask: "Do ya think you could get off the phone for a minute?" Stammering and seemingly unable to understand the simply request, she climbs back in Daddy's giant pickup truck to look for her insurance card.

While I finish moving through the drive-through line, I realize that even if there were damage (and there wasn't anything noticeable), I'd have no recourse through insurance because the location is considered private property. I pull to side when I'm finished, Twit gets out and apologizes, nay attempts to explain: "I'm so sorry. She was talking to me and I didn't see."

Really? That's the best you've got? I would've never figured that one out.

No comments: