Tuesday, September 16, 2008

I'm In!

I just got word that my paper proposal was accepted for a panel at Important National Conference in My Field! This was one of the last two things my advisor said "we" needed to do before I finished up, and I worked my arse off polishing the proposal until it was just right. I didn't get in last year, so not only getting accepted, but also being the only graduate student accepted to this panel has given me a little boost of confidence just when I needed it: now. Since the job letter has officially become the bane of my existence, and one of the places I'm applying to is asking for a writing sample and syllabi up-front....blah! I needed this good news :)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hurray! So exciting! I love conferences.

Hope all is well with the baby, too. Hang in there!

mgm said...

Yea for you! Enjoy the conference. I'm sitting this year out.

Unknown said...

congrats on the paper-- I totally feel you on the application letters, though.